Programmer looking for a Programmer for long-term partnership
I am needing a developer to help me continue to maintain a large, performant, Perl web and linux application that supports large scale business use every day.
The tasks required are never urgent, and generally consist of new feature additions, minor changes, etc. The application in question is mature and has been in production use with many users for over 5 years.
This situation likely results in a steady stream of assignments for a long time. I'm looking for someone who can spend the time necessary to learn and continue to be avialble long term. It will probably not require your full attention, leaving you free to do other things with your life as well. :)
As this is a large and critical application, I'm looking for an experienced Perl developer, preferably someone with a strong background in HTML::Mason or other similar perl templating systems.
Additionally, the web application schedules and manages performance heavy tasks distributed across a network of several other linux servers, so a background in Linux system administration would be verp helpful. Many of these tasks are related to web hosing, email sending, reciving, image hosting, etc. so knowledge of SMTP, Postfix, MIME, etc. would also all be helpful (not spam related)
The ideal candidate represents these qualities:
- uses a unix-based OS on one or more personal machines (linux, OS X, bsd, etc)
- is quite comfortable with bash, unix command tools, ssh, rsync, cvs/subversion
- prefers a programmer-oriented text editor such as vim or emacs
- has or can easily generate a GPG/PGP public key for email
- can configure an apache virtualhost, mod_rewrite, log rotation, etc.
- is happy to learn whatever new skills are necessary to complete any task
If you are such a person, please get in touch with me. :)