Entrepreneur looking for a Programmer for long-term partnership
Required Knowledgeruby on rails
NoSQL (MongoDB or CouchDB)
Additional InfoLooking to start a long term partnership on the following startup:
We are developing a national student record system. Each student in US schools has their own student record. This record will follow the student wherever they go - pre-K through college.
Our web-based application simplifies tracking student mastery of learning objectives. Teachers and school leaders track progress at various levels:
With a small web development team, we have the resources needed to develop and support a database capable of maintaining student records for all students in the US. Additionally, for providing access to teachers and school leaders to track mastery and report on performance to fuel ongoing and new education initiatives.
Building with Ruby on Rails using agile development principles:
1. Active user involvement is imperative
2. The team must be empowered to make decisions
3. Requirements evolve but the timescale is fixed
4. Capture requirements at a high level; lightweight & visual
5. Develop small, incremental releases and iterate
6. Focus on frequent delivery of products
7. Complete each feature before moving on to the next
8. Apply the 80/20 rule
9. Testing is integrated throughout the project lifecycle ? test early and often
10. A collaborative & cooperative approach between all stakeholders is essential
Tagsrails, rails, education technology
CommentsYou need to be logged in to make a comment.
Make an OfferYou need to be logged in to make an offer.