Programmer looking for a Designer for long-term partnership
I am an experienced web and desktop application developer and am looking for designers that have requirements in coding dynamic websites (please no static sites).
I primarily develop using Ruby on Rails and can code a medium sized web application in around two weeks. Please no PHP sites unless converting an existing PHP site to RoR.
Some of my recent work includes:
* yapt.net - powers an Android voice messaging application that enables Android users to send short voice messages to each other. Includes an efficient Push notification mechanism (currently supports 3,000 concurrent and persistent connections using ~30mb of memory) - site, plus push notification service plus Android application took 9 weeks to code. I recently sold yapt.net
* mediacms.co.uk - large web application - 3 months to code
* simplepop.biz - a product site - one week to code
* thelastbunker.com - developed a custom algorithm that renders a Bill of Materials in two database trips for any item build (a good example is http://thelastbunker.com/items/500 and http://thelastbunker.com/items/16) - coded in 6 weeks
* darkfallsage.com - community driven site that interlinks many game objects will full revision control. Also includes a custom Google Map implementation (see http://darkfallsage.com/maps) - coded in 10 weeks
I specialise and have experience in:
* Content Management systems
* Payment Gateway systems using Paypal payment/subscriptions and Worldpay
* Experience in developing social oriented sites
* Experience in developing media oriented sites. This includes uploading images, audio and video and having the server synchronously encode uploaded media from any format to any other format (but typically FLV for video and MP3 for audio)
* Extensive Linux administration (you're essentially getting a Linux admin for free). I can also provide a dedicated Linux server (with 100MB connection) to host any developed web applications
* I manage a project's complete life-cycle: client interviews, specifications, project management, change management, coding, documentation and support