Entrepreneur looking for a Programmer for long-term partnership
The ideal candidate represents some of these qualities:
- uses a unix-based OS on one or more personal machines (linux, OS X, bsd, etc)
- is quite comfortable with bash, unix command tools, ssh, rsync, subversion
- prefers a programmer-oriented text editor such as vim or emacs
- has or can easily generate a GPG/PGP public key for email
- can configure an apache virtualhost without using webmin
- is happy to learn whatever new skills are necessary to complete a task
My company is building a very modern meta-search engine for a client on the east coast. This is an entirely contract position. Workflow is managed via a project management wiki and subversion, and our development and design team is somewhat scattered across the US, and accostomed to geographic diversity. So, we're looking for anyone within a few of timezones of US-Central.
We would prefer to work only with experienced developers as they tend to be able to better handle being mostly self-directed.
Payment happens task-by-task, and the workload is enough to keep us consistently busy full time.