I am a freelance web designer who is looking for an experienced and reliable WordPress developer to work with on a regular basis.
I have pretty much done it all over the 14 or so years I have been a designer, but my focus for the past 6 or 7 years has been creating unique high-end websites for a worldwide clientele. While client work has been satisfying, my real passion lies in pursuing my own design ideas, so for the past few years I have been concentrating on doing just that. My goal is to become a successful ThemeForest author, and I am well on my way to fulfilling that goal with my first template already out there on TF. I also have several other unique designs that are just waiting for development. Now I just need to find the right developer....someone who is as passionate about their work as I am about mine. If I can find the right person, I truly believe....with my design skills and your development skills....the sky is the limit!
But finding the right developer has proved to be a bit of a challenge. Without going into all the gorey details, suffice it to say that I have come across many developers who SAY they can do stuff, but when it comes right down to it...well, they do not seem to be able to put their money where their mouth is...which has been extremely frustrating!
So what AM I looking for?
- Extensive experience with WordPress architecture, custom content and plugins.
- Solid understanding of PHP.
- Experience customizing WordPress back-end (admin panel, etc.) for markets like ThemeForest, Mojo Themes, etc.
- Solid understanding of the difference between creating WordPress themes for end user clients vs. creating themes for the marketplace (yes, there is a BIG difference!)
- Experience with frameworks such as Bootstrap and Foundation.
- Knowledge of best practices (standard naming conventions, code styles, security, etc)
- Experience with responsive web development.
- Intermediate understanding of coding SEO-friendly sites.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Fluent in English, with excellent communication skills and willing to communicate during normal business hours via Skype and email.
- Motivated self-starter who can work with minimal supervision on a regular basis.
- You are HONEST and have INTEGRITY! This is non-negotiable! It means you do not B.S. me by telling me you are capable of doing something if you are not, and that you are basically an honest person.
- You have an excellent work ethic. This means you work hard, value collaboration and will accept nothing but TOP QUALITY work. In other words, you are a perfectionist....like me!
If any of this resonates with you....if you think you might be the person I am looking for, please send me some info about yourself. I will, in turn, be happy to provide examples of my own work as well as any other info you might want about me.
This truly is a golden opportunity for the right person. I just hope the right person is out there, sees this listing and the potential it offers....and makes contact with me!