Entrepreneur looking for a Programmer for long-term partnership
You will need to possess strong Business Intelligence / BI Development / BI Consultancy experience backed up by strong exposure to the following: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (Database engine, Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services); exposure to traditional coding (C#, .NET, ASP.NET or similar) and an expert knowledge of Business Intelligence / Data warehouse theory.
BI DEVELOPER / BI CONSULTANT (SQL) - (SUNDAY TIMES TOP 100) - LONDON (LH-000080A)
BI Developer / BI Consultant / SQL BI Developer is needed to join a highly decorated and respected software development consultancy ranked as one of the fastest growing in the UK. Read on...
Established in 2005 this privately funded software development consultancy deliver mission-critical business consulting, BI and custom web-based solutions to some of the best known brands in the UK. As Microsoft Gold Partners, members of the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and recognised as ?Ones to Watch? by the Sunday Times ?Best Companies to Work For? they lead the way as true innovators.
Joining as a BI Developer / BI Consultant you will drive data-driven and analytical projects, providing data modelling for complex projects; design and build of data warehouses; and design and build of ETL solutions to extract, clean, conform, and design and built of multidimensional cubes, and deliver data to the warehouse.
In more detail, your role as a BI Developer / BI Consultant will break down as follows:
- Work in teams of 2-8 people to deliver first-class results for clients in an Agile development environment.
- Perform data modelling for custom solutions projects.
- Design and develop data warehouses and ETL solutions.
- Design and develop multidimensional cubes.
- Design and develop data mining solutions (and advanced algorithms depending upon experience).
- Design and develop business intelligence applications and objects (reports, dashboards, scorecards, etc.), including customising off-the-shelf solutions.
- Design and develop dynamic dashboards, reports, and other BI delivery solutions (e.g. SMS alerting).
- Support the sales process by identifying leads, identifying opportunities for project extensions and add-ons, and by supporting proposal development (pre-sales solution architecture).
- Drive intellectual capital by getting involved with internal projects and personal projects, including personal research, white papers, pro bono, etc.
- Mentoring and support of junior members of team.
- Assist in growing the organisation by getting involved with recruiting.
To qualify... You will need to possess strong Business Intelligence / BI Development / BI Consultancy experience backed up by strong exposure to the following: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 (Database engine, Integration Services, Analysis Services, Reporting Services); exposure to traditional coding (C#, .NET, ASP.NET or similar) and an expert knowledge of Business Intelligence / Data warehouse theory.
Combining the above with great client facing skills, an analytical ability to solve advanced problems and a passion for innovation and fresh thinking this opportunity will see you continue to advance an already impressive career whilst working on highly intelligent solutions with highly intelligent people.
BI technologies such as MicroStrategy, Business Object, Hyperion, Cognos are all advantageous as would be knowledge of Data warehouse theory (Kimball method) and other BI platforms (Oracle, MySQL).
This is a unique opportunity that will see you join an award winning organisation that prides itself in building brilliant IT solutions for some amazing client names all within a fun and rewarding working environment! Get in touch...
Keywords: BI Developer, BI, Business Intelligence Consultant, Microsoft SQL Developer, Microsoft SQL Server, BI Consultant, MIS, Lead BI Developer, Senior BI Consultant, BI Consultancy Jobs in London, DBA, Database Developer, Business Object, Hyperion, Cognos, Business Intelligence Consultancy Jobs in London, BI Development Jobs in London, BI Consultancy Jobs in London, SQL Database Development Jobs in London, London Bridge, SE1.
Guru are an employment business renowned for delivering careers networking to the IT sector. In this instance Guru are managing the selection process for this particular BI Developer / BI Consultant campaign on the behalf of our client. We offer a transparent service to both clients and candidates which means that if you pass our initial filtering criteria (based on your CV suitability against our client?s requirements) we will email you with the client?s details and also pass your complete application to the client for consideration. By applying to this role you are granting consent for us to work in this way. One final note, your application will only be used in conjunction with this specific role.
TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE PLEASE SEND THROUGH A COPY OF YOUR CV TO FINDAJOB@GURUCAREERS.COM QUOTING THE JOB REFERENCE NUMBER AND WHERE YOU SAW THE ROLE ADVERTISED.