Entrepreneur looking for a Programmer for long-term partnership
PHP, MySQL, XHTML, CSS
We are a rapidly expanding Creative House based in Glasgow with offices in Dubai and China.
We have streamlined our services into 2 sections CMS and E-commerce and use two platforms only. Joomla 1.5 is used for all of our sites (for static sites we build them on this CMS anyway and don't give admin access to our clients) any e-commerce integrations are built on Joomla with Virtuemart 1.1 integration. Although we use these off-the-shelf packages, all sites are bespoke and are often VERY heavily modified to meet our clients goals.
We are looking for 1 very special individual for a long term freelance work with the opportunity at a later date of a full time position (by mutual agreement) or perhaps even directorship.
This is a list of minimum requirements.
1) Must be able to build to fully W3C compliant XHTML 1.1 and CSS 2.1.
2) Strong knowledge of Jooomla 1.5 Content Management System.
3) Understanding of Accessibility standards.
4) Ability to do full cross browser and platform testing.
5) Several years experienced in PHP and MySQL.
6) No design experience necessary but an eye for detail and strong customer focus.
7) Must be UK based - pref central Scotland (Would also consider Dubai)
8) Must be able to give clear timescales and meet these goals.
9) Must be easily contactable , would prefer to communicate through telephone, email and instant messaging.
10) Must be able to evaluate project and quote per project, not per hour.
11) Be able to demonstrate previous work.
Nice to haves:
1) Virtuemart 1.1 experience.
2) AJAX knowledge.
3) MooTools experience.
4) Adobe CS3.
5) Linux based server experience.
6) Tripple A conformance
7) Would prefer if able to make weekly meeting in our Glasgow office.
8) Ability to meet with our client would be beneficial.
9) Other multimedia technologies would be advantageous. (i.e. 3GP, java applets etc.)
10) Some flash experience would be nice to have.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that is going places. If you are up to the challenge and ready to join us on our journey, no matter where it takes us, please get in touch.
If you are just looking for one off jobs, or cannot meet the minimum criteria, please do not apply.