A developer of an open-source medical software package requires a corporate web site to showcase premium services and company info. You will be working with me to create a complete site, not just a design template. Applicants should have experience creating a complete corporate website and/or advertising imagery. Experience with software or IT service industry a plus.
Design requirements are simple:
* must _not_ look like the typical medical design (i.e. no stock images of a nurse behind a computer)
* Must convey the idea of advanced but easy-to-use features.
* Must be clean with plenty of "white" space
* Keep in mind that the site will be multi-lingual
* Deliverables will either be hi-res graphic file (XCF, PSD or multi-layer PNG) or complete xhtml template with optimized images, depending on designer proficiency.
* Design must follow basic web usability guidelines.
The design should draw from other successful open-source projects that are "mainstream" such as Ubuntu and Firefox. (With regards to Firefox, we really liked some of the design elements of the Firefox "first run" page - http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/126.96.36.199/firstrun/ - advanced but easy to use)
The client wants to avoid using Flash, at least for now.
Any interactive elements will be coded by myself, so your role will be strictly as visionary/artist.
If interested please send links to recent work samples. Student projects are OK. Not looking for a guru, just someone who is creative and knows what they are talking about.
I understand that good designers are hard to come by, so I'm willing to pay more to get more. Final project price will be based on your experience and portfolio.
This could lead to other work for you if we work well together.