Java Programmer convert to Ruby (or from Perl, Python, C#, etc.)
We're looking for a programmer who has a few years programming in his bag of tricks and solid design principles under his belt.
* Our ideal candidate is a guy who has programmed 3-5 years in Java, Perl, Python, or C# *and*
* You're curious, motivated, or even passionate about learning and working with Ruby on Rails.
If you don't know Ruby thoroughly just yet, don't worry: we'll teach you. We're looking someone who has a reasonable amount trade maturity and can learn to program in whatever language comes their way.
* Work with a team of developers in fast-paced and profitable start-up e-commerce company to
* Develop web and internal applications to help business users leverage technology to drive efficiency
* 3-5 years of programming in a language such as Java, Perl, Python or similar
* Experience with SQL - Currently we use MySQL.
* Ability to design and iteratively implement significant software projects
* You write clean, readable, maintainable code.
* You're comfortable working with Linux
Nice to haves:
* Apache experience
* XML/SOAP etc
* You prefer vi(m) or emacs
* Experience with (and positive views on) Unit Testing.
* You're familiar with the Design Patterns of the "Gang of Four", Martin Fowler and the like.
* You know who MIT's Harold Abelson and Jay Sussman are (before reading this).
Position is full-time salaried position. Perks include 401k, solid health plan.