Programmer looking for a Designer for long-term partnership
ajax, css, linux, xhtml, web2.0-ish designs
I'm looking for someone to help me realize my myriad ideas. I can handle the backend well, but always falter on the front-end design. I'd like to work with you, learn from you and retire early. I think this is entirely probable.
Attitude, honesty and skill are all important. I want designs that tug at my emotions...
UPDATE...to clarify some points:
- I'm not looking to pay you outright on a per-project basis (unless you're really, incredibly reasonable). I'm building a team of folks who simply REFUSE to take what life gives them, and I need to add a designer here. I have a pool of people with different talents that I work with on various projects, but perhaps the most common missing link on all of these is a qualified, competent, eager web designer. You would be this designer. You would do the design for this first project and be given a percentage of ownership in it, provided you do quality work. This is the first project...it will not be the last.
- If you're not willing to work your tail off, don't bother contacting me. To work with me you must be hungry. You must be willing to reach out and grab your destiny. Sounds cheesy, I know, but I believe it and live it. I'm a full-time CIO, a father and husband, a programmer and an entrepreneur. Translation...I don't sleep much, as I seek more from life for my family and myself. I will not accept what life hands 8-5'ers. I have been influenced by two different people in my life who reached out and demanded the most of life...and accomplished everything they wanted and more. One of them still works but doesn't have to...he could've retired years ago. The other did retire, and now spends most of his time on a yacht off the coast of South Carolina. I seek to do the same...not necessarily retire from work, but retire from the *NEED* to work. It may sound naive, it may sound irrational, but I will make this happen. And I hope to make it happen for you, too.
- I expect you to be fair, honest, and good at your core. I want a partner here...and if I can't be comfortable introducing you to my family, or sharing a beer with you, or whatever, then it won't work. I am looking for someone who will look out for my best interests, as I look our for theirs.
- Please don't contact me without including links to examples of your professional design work. If you don't have paid-for work examples, I'm not ruling you out, but you'd better be good.
- Please, please tell me more about yourself than "Hey, I'm a web designer. How's it going." As I said, my first requirement is ATTITUDE.
- I would prefer to work with someone based in the US. Not an absolute, but if the first project takes off and a long-term partnership looks likely, we'll need to meet from time to time.
- You must like college football...preferably SEC. Wait, no, that's not a requirement. Sorry ;)