I am a programmer who does .NET by day and ruby/merb/ruby on rails on my own time. I have been using Open Source since 1998 advancing from Caldera linux to Red Hat to Suse to Debian to Ubunto. I use FreeBSD and OpenBSD on servers and am really security conscious when it comes to systems and firewalls. I am currently looking for a partner(s) to work with on a project.
Here are some traits about myself:
* When confronted with a start-up or new business proposal I am more concerned with the soundness of the business plan then what OS the developers use daily, the technology, or the size or their monitor screen.
* Open minded to whatever technology is best suited to solve the problem at hand. A pragmatic realist more than a blind crusader for some technology.
* Far-ranging generalist with a few core competencies. Someone who likes to learn about many aspects of IT as opposed to someone who sees it as only a paycheck.
* Stubborn and willing to hang in there working to achieve a goal as opposed to someone who expects instant over night success. This application has the potential to be large and in-charge ... bad and nation-wide. This project could be intimidating to those of small minds. I am looking for someone who can dream big and is willing to do what it takes to make that dream come true.
* Someone who values the people they work with and their working environment more than a number on a paycheck. Not that they donâ€™t think money isnâ€™t important ... it is ... its just not the most important thing.
* Someone who buys computer books and spends hours outside of their 40 hour work week learning about new technology and working on honing their skills. Someone who has several networked computers at home or has a virtual network in lieu of a bunch of old boxen still chugging away.
wulfgard does not have any friends on this site yet!