Entrepreneur looking for a Programmer for long-term partnership
PHP, MySql, XHTML, CSS, AJAX. If possible, someone who can administer a LAMP solution (Linux Apache, MySQL, PHP)
=============MUST BE IN USA=============== I am looking for co-founders NOT developers in India please.
My name is Kristian stoyanov and I'm looking for web developers to be my co-founders for my/our startup. Earlier this year I decided that with incubators like Ycombinator helping young people like me get our ideas discovered and funded, now is the best time to start a web startup. My only problem is that I don't have the people for it. Everyone I know moved back home, so I'm looking for a team to be my co-founders.
Is ideally going to consist of 2 to 5 people. I'll be contacting, visiting and speaking with every applicant who applies to get to know everyone better and see what type of personality and drive they have.
- The whole goal of this is to find talented people, decide on our idea, get accepted in Y-combinator, get funded, move to California, get the experience of starting a company, learn to deal with investors, make the next best thing, and change the web.
THE PROCESS of SELECTING OUR IDEA:
- I'm bringing 2 small ideas of mine to the table (Tasck.com/about and CommunitySays.com) but I don't want our startup to be limited to just these two.
- After we assemble our team of co-founders we're all going to sit down, throw in our ideas and vote on the idea we think will be most successful (and one we're most capable of developing) it can be any one of our already existing ideas or a combination of multiple ideas.
- The Dead-line for entering Y-combinator is October 26th. By that time all we need is a solid team and an idea with a prototype or demo.
- Although I have several ideas ready to go that I'm bringing to the table, you don't have to share your prized idea if you don't want to. Some people don't even have any ideas, they're not the creative types, they're "implementers" that's fine too.
TYPE OF PEOPLE I'M LOOKING FOR:
- People in the central Florida area preferably but out of state is perfectly fine. I'll interview using skype video.
- Talented, motivated, passionate Team players who are ready to start something big
- calm, stable, trustworthy, drama free
- Creative types OR Implementer types
- willing to invest time and energy now for a rewarding cash-in later. (Believe me, I don't like working for free either but this is how the majority of startups begin, with an idea and a team, funding and money come later.)
- someone who understands that we might go through some tough times ahead, and that a stable personality, persistence and perseverance is strongly needed.
- able to move to California, not tied down.
TYPE OF PEOPLE I'M AVOIDING:
- people who have never heard of ycombinator or haven't been reading up on web startups or venture funding
- I'm a mish-mash of many personality types, I love people and get along with anyone as long as they're a good honest person and isn't controlling or manipulative. Web Development wise: I'm an "information architect and designer" with a minimalist style. (I design Graphical User Interfaces around both emotion and information). Entrepreneur wise I'm a very creative idea person, not just an idea here and there, but I consistently develop ideas on a daily basis (I've got drawers full of notebooks). Basically I take things that already exist and make them better. My strength is that I think differently, I take complex things and make them simple. Unfortunately because of my different thinking I sometimes take things that are simple and interpret them as complex. I also started a small advertising agency in early 2007 but had to close it down this year because I got so busy working on my startups. The plus side to this is that I know how to brand around human psychological needs and emotional desires. (believe me emotion sells everything)
If you're interested, then give me a call 314.680.2047 or shoot me an e-mail at email@example.com. I'm in the Orlando / Winter Park area between Full Sail and UCF. If you're out of state I'll contact you through skype.